Make a completely plant-based quiche with a turmeric-infused tofu whip, and layers of veggies. This savory pie includes the goodness of asparagus, mushrooms, onions, and dill—all mixed together with creamy herbed tofu. Just pile it into a crispy whole grain flax seed crust, and you have a healthful, vegan meal set to impress! This Asparagus Dill Tofu Quiche is delicious and downright gorgeous served for brunch, weekend breakfast, a special dinner, holiday table, or party meal.
Asparagus Dill Tofu Quiche (Vegan)
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 8 servings 1x
This vegan quiche is filled with the goodness of asparagus, mushrooms, onions and dill, with a creamy herbed tofu blend in a crispy whole wheat flaxseed pastry crust.
Whole Wheat Flax Crust:
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces asparagus, chopped into 3-inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 14-ounce package extra firm tofu, drained
- ½ cup plant-based milk, unsweetened, unflavored
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Pinch sea salt (optional)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons whole grain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- To make Whole Wheat Flax Crust: Mix pastry flour, flaxseed and salt (optional) together. Stir oil and plant-based milk in with a fork to make a stiff dough.
- Pat the dough into a 10-inch pie or quiche baking dish. Pierce all over with a fork and bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- While crust is baking, prepare Vegetable Filling: Heat olive oil in large sauté pan and sauté onions and garlic for 4 minutes. Add asparagus and mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in dill, black pepper, and dry mustard. Remove from heat.
- Place tofu, ½ cup plant-based milk, red pepper, nutmeg, turmeric, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, and salt (optional) in the container of a blender and puree until smooth.
- Stir tofu mixture into asparagus mixture and combine well. Pour into the par-baked crust and return to oven (375 F). Bake for 30 minutes.
- Prepare Topping by assembling cherry tomato halves; in a small dish mix together breadcrumbs, dill, and 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Remove quiche from oven, top with sliced cherry tomatoes (cut side up) and sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool for about 5-10 minutes, and slice into 8 servings.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan quiche, asparagus quiche, spring quiche
For other plant-based breakfast ideas, check out some of my favorites:
Magic Banana Nut Pancakes
Coconut Cherry Dark Chocolate Waffles
Scrambled Turmeric Tofu with Mushrooms and Greens
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.
Eating Disorders – A Dangerous Consequence of Childhood Eating Habits
Parenting Tips for Helping Your Child With Anorexia
The Differences of Anorexia Mirabilis and Anorexia Nervosa